Pages

26.9.12

Name-day is Coming

In a few hours it'll be my birthday, so I wanted to write-up a quick post about this:
I have no idea why the picture quality is so bad, but this is the birthday present that my Dad and brothers gave me the morning I moved back to Guelph. The ribbon-y bit is actually strips of A4, which, along with the rest of the wrapping job was courtesy of Colin. It was a lovely surprise, but I was charged with the seemingly impossible task of holding onto it without opening it until my birthday.  This seemed like crazy-talk, and it still kinda does, but because we all live so far apart there's no way for me to go home or receive any presents on my birthday, so my Dad wanted to make sure that I had something on the morning-of. Very sweet. Now, at long last, that day is tomorrow. I wanted to blog about this partly so that I can remember the month of diligence that was September 2012, and also to complain about not getting to open my prezzie yet.

Tomorrow I'm not doing much, might see a few peeps around campus, but sadly I have to focus on finishing the assignments that I should be doing right now. Friday is where the fun begins, and a small but delightful birthday celebrations is planned. Friends, food, Game of Thrones drinking games; a.k.a happiness.

We haven't decided on definite rules yet, but a quick Google search came up with some pretty good ones, even a picture:


I like the idea of playing as different houses, but poor student can't afford such a variety of drinks... Maybe my next post will feature the Ronnie Game of Thrones drinking game!

And because I know you've been waiting for it, and in case the title wasn't enough... Winter is coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment