Pages

23.6.10

Maliens?

I've made a discovery!

If you find yourself without food, get a mango tree. I swear to you, these things produce fruit like something out of a video game. IT IS INSANE.

Personally, I don't really like mangos very much. So it's just cruel fate that our mango tree happens to hang right over my bedroom. Therefore you can imagine where the mangos land when they fall. You'd be surprised how LOUD a mango crashing down onto your roof is. It reminds me of Signs, when the aliens are walking around on the roof and you hear their footsteps. So with the mangos, the BANG! Clatter clatter clatter! Of their journey from branch to roof to ground is basically the aliens invading right over my head. Just like in Signs,

IT SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF ME.

Basically, my thought is that I'm screwed, because eventually I WILL get used to it, whether I like it or not, and then I'll be laying there in my bed trying to sleep and the aliens really will invade but I'll just be shaking my fist, "Damn mangos!". Of course, the alternative is that every time a mango falls I'm shaking in fear and preparing myself for the invasion, but I'd much rather lose some sleep if it means upping my chances of survival overall.

Now don't get me wrong, it'd take a lot more than a slight feeling of preparedness to save yourself from an alien invasion, but that's another post. In the meantime, just watch out.

The Mangoliens (Alieangos?) are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment